John T. Doheny III, Licensed Professional Counselor, Master Addiction Counselor

Phone-706-575-1833           Fax-706-324-2088


Private pay is accepted for those who do not have health insurance and for those who do not wish to use their health insurance or an Employee Assistance Program. 


Please note that in order to use your health insurance for mental health/substance use disorders a diagnosis related to mental health and/or substance use disorder must be submitted with the claim. This is the case regardless of who your therapist is. Many people are not aware of this. If, for whatever reason, you do not want to have a diagnosis associated with your counseling it would be better to pay privately.  Please contact your insurance provider if you wish to verify this. 

I am contracted with most major insurance companies, including TRICARE, for the services I provide.  I do however, ask that you contact your insurance provider to verify coverage, obtain authorizations and determine the amount, if any, of your co-pay, co-insurance or deductible.  

I do not accept Medicare or Medicaid.

Any insurance co-payment/co-insurance or deductible must be paid at the time of the scheduled appointment.  I prefer these fees be paid with cash but will accept personal checks or debit/credit cards.

Employee Assistance Programs

Many employers have an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) that may be utilized for a limited number of visits.  You can verify this with your employer/human resourses office.  EAP sessions must be approved prior to scheduling an appointment.  You will have to contact the EAP company for an authorization number.